Thursday, September 19, 2013

About Me

Hi Everyone!

I have never blogged before, and suddenly here I am with two!  (I also have one for another class I am currently taking.)

This is my first semester at Rhode Island College, and it's also my first semester in school in six years!  I graduated from San Diego State University in 2007 with a B.A. in English, and I am now returning to school for my teacher certification for Secondary English through the RITE program.  Becoming a teacher is something I always knew was in my future, so finally getting started on this chapter in my life is a very exciting thing!

Since graduating from SDSU, I have worked as an enrollment advisor for an online university, as a coordinator for a small publishing company, and as a bookkeeper for a construction company -- all very different and interesting experiences!  I met my husband Luis the summer after I graduated, and we got married two years ago.  Moving from San Diego to Newport last summer was a big adventure, as was our first "real" winter!



I lovelovelove to read and devoured many books this summer.  I'm always open to book suggestions.  I also love cooking, the beach, anything Disney, space, and my pets - a chihuahua named Pancho and a tuxedo cat named Wyatt.  :)

Me in a nutshell!  See you all in class.


Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment